In 2019 the Victorian Curriculum will be delivered for each student and their achievement progress reported.
At Tulliallan Primary School the Victorian Curriculum will be implemented in 2019.
The Victorian Curriculum sets out what every student should learn during their schooling. The curriculum is the common set of knowledge and skills required by students for life-long learning, social development and active informed citizenship. These are defined by Learning Areas and Capabilities.
Excellence In Learning
Excellence In Learning Includes:
- A strong partnership and high expectations of learning and behaviours between the students, staff and parents to support the success of each student.
- Consistent learning and teaching approaches
- Teachers knowing curriculum, teaching strategies and their students and how they learn best. Specialised programs to meet identified needs – remediation and extension programs including individual learning plans.
- Explicit learning will be planned and structured in subject areas for students to acquire skills and attributes promoting achievement of successful learners.
- Collaboration between the teachers and students on their needs and with the teaching team about learning that will strengthen student achievement and feedback to parents to involve them in the learning.
- Learning will be based on individual student assessment.
- Students developing the abilities to work independently, collaboratively in pairs, and in groups demonstrating social competencies. Students reflect on their learning via self, peer and teacher feedback to continually improve and be successful.
This video unpacks our digital maths program, Essential Assessment. It is aligned to the Victorian Curriculum and provides great additional learning support and practise to students in all areas of Maths at their current level of understanding. It challenges our students and is also used as an assessment tool to monitor students progress as they learn new maths concepts.
Students will have the opportunities to access specialist and extra curricular opportunities at Tulliallan Primary School. As our school grows we will review and introduce new learning areas and opportunities.
- Health and Physical Education
- Music, Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Sciences including Environmental Science (STEM)
- Mandarin Language
- ICT – Information, Communication and Technology
Extra curricular opportunities available
For example: Music, Craft, Sport, Games, Gardening, Technology, Yoga.
School, House and Specialist Captains, SRC, Green Team
On Line Competitions
Mathletics, Australian Mathematics Competition
keyboard, drums, guitar
The school is fitted with the latest technology.
We supply a range of devices for students to use at school.
Our BYOD program is in line with usage at our local secondary college
This video explains how valuable the Laptop program is and what our students get out of the program. The program is offered to students from Year Four to Year Six.