Welcome to Tulliallan Primary School
Welcome to Tulliallan Primary School. A school to nurture our students to be happy, healthy and the best they can be academically, socially and emotionally with opportunities to reach their potential.
This school is a Public Private Partnership Government School developed under the Learning Communities Victoria Consortium. The students and families of the local community have a ‘State of the Art’ educational facility built for 21st Century learning with highest quality educational design principles and infrastructure reflective of research and the needs for the students of the future. The school is a modern, environmentally friendly school with high expectations of our students, staff and families.
Our school believes in:
- Excellence in learning and behaviour,
- Respect for all which means ourselves, others and the environment
- Community – local and global connections.
The school opened for Prep to Year 6 on the 31st of January 2017. Enrolments are being taken now and you can contact the school office for information in regard to enrolments on 8766 3100.
The history behind the name
Our school is named TULLIALLAN Primary School. This name reflects the local historic and aesthetic significance to the City of Casey and to the students and families that live in the school’s local neighbourhood. Tulliallan is highly significant in history and in a regional context as it is associated with the settlement of the area during the pastoral era of 1850s and 60s, prior to the land being opened for selection. It illustrates the development of cattle runs within the south east part of the Settled District of Port Philip. It has associations with locally important individuals in history, including members of the Rossiter family, Strettle family, James Gibb and Captain Mitchell. The heritage listed ‘Avenue of Elms’ and ‘Shearers Cottage’ is 400 metres from our school site.
I am looking forward to meeting you and sharing the development of the school as we establish our own traditions, history and reputation over the years as a wonderful school for our children and families.
Facilities & Features
The facilities include;
- First class designed learning communities for students providing flexible and purposeful learning areas.
- A community hub that can be booked for after school use with groups to experience community, art, recreational and holiday programs.
- Before and After School Care operated by YMCA.
- An Early Years Learning Centre that includes long day care for 0 to 5 year old children with an integrated Kindergarten group operated by YMCA.
- Stadium expanded to include a competition approved Netball court.
- Partnership with CERES for an environmentally sustained school and landscaped environment.
- Outdoor Central Plaza area for outdoor learning and social interaction
- Play equipment designated for 3 play areas
- Bike shed
- Two outside hard court areas
- Resource Centre